This is a blog about my Tatting. My stitching can be seen on Wendystitches.blogspot.com. More of my handicrafts can be seen on Wendy's Crafty Hands at www.handicrafts.org.uk
Sunday, 8 August 2010
Yellow Daisies
This is the latest version of my Daisy Wheel Doily. I used white for the first two rounds and then a variegated yellow. The thread is Flora 20. In this case, I think the variegated thread adds to the design, instead of taking it over, as it can do.
I taught myself to tat from books, as a teenager, but had never met another tatter. Joining on-line groups has given me a new enthusiasm for the art, and enabled me to learn new techniques. I have even tried my hand at designing.
INFORMATION
Any diagrams for working these tatted pieces are on my website www.handicrafts.org.uk
My stitching can be seen on Wendystitches.blogspot.com
Yes, you are so right! The variegated thread is very effective and yet one can really see the design. Pretty motif.
ReplyDeleteFox : )
It is really pretty. The colors are great. I really like your tatting.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much :o)
ReplyDeleteYou are doing really well with your designs...love the colours in this one
ReplyDeleteHugs
Joy